Influence

Monday, September 26, 2011

Beef Stroganoff in the Crock Pot

Happy Monday everyone!! Ok...perhaps Monday isn't particularly happy...maybe we should rename it, "Mundane."

See what I did there?? Funny ha-ha? Ok maybe not.

For the most part I have nothing to complain about this week...the weather is nice, I have a weekend trip planned, and my life is relatively drama-free at the moment. However...there is literally a plague on my house right now. When Mike went to Pendleton for September's drill weekend, we believe he brought home bed bugs from the barracks. Yes really. And let me tell you a thing or two about bed bugs:
1) They turn red after sucking your blood...how creepy is that???
2)They usually only hunt at night, so it's a couple days till you catch on to their shit.
3) They leave bites that resemble flea bites, except they take longer to heal and are itchy as all hell.

So a hefty portion of our weekend was spent waging a war on these little bastards. Fun times.

Alright....so now that I've gotten that little grievance out of the way, on to the good stuff. With my new busy schedule, the crock pot is now the most-used appliance in my kitchen. Not that I'm complaining. Anything that can turn raw meat and soup mix into hearty, tender stew has my respect. So naturally I'll be making two or so meals a week with it. My first attempt at Beef Stroganoff in the crock was last Thursday night. And it turned out, amazingly well. Absolutely delicious. And with enough sauce to soak into the noodles. I don't think I'll bother making stroganoff any other way from now on. It was that good. And you don't even need to mix in the usual sour cream. Which cuts down on the fat/calories. Hey-O!

Beef Stroganoff
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
1lb. lean beef strips
1 white onion, sliced
2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
Water to cover
Salt & Pepper to taste
**Noodles of your preference, cooked to al dente
(I normally use egg noodles, but was out, so used rigatoni, which worked fine as well)

Place the beef, veggies, soup, and seasonings into the bottom of the crock-pot. Add water to cover the beef/veggies and mix well to "water down" the soup base. Put the lid on the crock-pot and set it to the low setting for 10 hours. Go out and enjoy your day. When you come home, spoon some of that meaty goodness on the noodles and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment