Influence

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Missing In Action + Cookies

It's been weeks since I've posted anything. Been a busy little bee. And guess what kids, I found a new job! Finally! It's been a week already and things are really good. Just, amazingly busy. And this coming Thursday I start my classes at CPP...so I'll go from amazingly busy to horrifically, tragically busy. But I will try to keep up with the blogging, even if it's only once a week or so.

I'm finding that my new best friend will be my trusty Crockpot. So expect lots of recipes using that as my medium.

As for now, here is a yum yum cookie recipe for you kids to try. It's super easy, super delicious, and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who won't like them! They are chewy, butterscotchy bites of homemade love. ***Kudos to Katie for sharing this recipe!***

Butterscotch Drop Cookies

Makes about 4 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 In the bowl of your handy-dandy stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on a low speed until they are combined. And the eggs, one at a time until thoroughly mixed.
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together and slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. When they are mixed, add the vanilla, mix and then turn the mixer off.
Using 2 small spoons, drop small spoonfuls of the batter onto your baking sheet. If you are using a metal cookie sheet, either cover it with parchment paper, or give it a liberal spritz of Pam. However, if you're awesome like me, drop your silicone mat onto your cookie sheet and drop the batter straight on to that.
Bake the cookies for about 13 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. They'll keep up to a week in a ziploc...that is if you manage not to eat them all straight out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment