Influence

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

World Pasta Day

October 25, 2011...a day so special I didn't even know it existed until several people posted about it on Facebook this morning. Today is World Pasta Day. In honor of this most auspicious occasion, I thought I'd shuffle through my recipes and provide you with some ideas for dinner tonight. I expect all of you to go home and eat some kind of pasta tonight! Mike and I will be having the spinach and mozzarella ravioli from Costco's uber-fancy frozen section. I'll try and take pictures.

First off, here's a recipe of my own, which was my first blog post as well. Quick, easy, and delish.
Amatriciana

Now...here are a couple recipes I love but can't claim credit for! All are certified winners though.

For those of you feeling industrious today, try this Gnocchi recipe. Time consuming, yes. But completely worth it. And they freeze well. Excellent tutorial.
Gnocchi by Food Nouveau

Need something quicker or simpler? This recipe comes together in minutes. You prep the veggies while the pasta boils, then toss together. Boom. Dinner. Note, you can substitute pretty much anything for the broccoli. Sliced bell peppers work, as do zucchini or even cherry tomatoes. And...not crazy for cavatelli? Use penne, rigatoni or fusilli! Sky's the limit.
Cavatelli & Broccoli

Also...for anyone one there striving for the perfectly cooked pasta? It isn't always as simple as it looks on tv. Remember, lots of water, and lots of salt. Check out this link for excellent advice on technique and equipment.
Lifehacker-Pasta

And if you don't feel like cooking, and you know what, with my crazy schedule, can't say I blame you...go out and eat some noodles. Olive Garden works!


Every have a good day. And for the love of all things holy, eat some pasta! Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment