Influence

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My March Madness

My my. I find myself having not posted for WELL over a month again. My apologies dear readers. Life has definitely gotten the best of me these past weeks.

Let's see. Right after my last entry, we had Valentines day. Wonderful occasion this year. Mike and I perfected the pan-seared and finished in the oven steak I'd been longing for. I mean, really, it was good. Slight char/crunch on the outside and done to our choice of medium on the inside. Usually I dry steak out like beef jerky. It's really sad. So this was definitely an accomplishment. In fact, really need to schedule a repeat performance. I'm sure Mike will gladly oblige.

Speaking of my charming fiance, he is finally DONE with college. The week following V-Day, he presented his senior project, and that was that. Finito! That was also the week we decided we were moving. Good glory Hallelujah! Busy times. No wonder I didn't write. I had no time. So we found a cute little (actually not so little, 1100sp. ft, woo!) in Upland and got ready to move at the end of February.

Additionally, I threw Mike a graduation party the day before we moved. So you see, hectic. Making 6 trays of homemade lasagna the night before the party was fun. My eternal gratitude goes out to Katie, absolutely nothing would have gotten done without you girl, thanks!! The party and the move both came off without a hitch. All went smoothly.

So we ended February in a new home. Our first home.

Big.

Very big thing.

And we are absolutely loving it. So nice to have space to ourselves. And privacy. And quiet. Amazing times.

After the move, the weeks passed in a blur of home-decor shopping, my studying for finals (and I passed Calculus by the way, eff yes!) and enjoying my morning drive being cut down from 35 miles to 11. And now, here we are, at the end of March. I can hardly believe it. We've been in our new place for a month now. And I've just started new classes, so I'm perpetually busy. But life is sweet. So sweet in fact, I have a little love to share with you all.

With March being National Peanut Month, I tried my hand at PB brownies.

I made these brownies last weekend when we had some friends over for a small housewarming thing. They come together in a snap and are seriously, dangerously, delicious. You will not be able to only eat 1. It's impossible.

Try not to burn yourself eating them straight out of the pan, but if you do, I won't judge. Promise.

Chewy PB & Chocolate Chip Brownies

They are amazing. Enjoy folks. I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment