Influence

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

52 Weeks of Cooking - Week 2

What comes to your mind when I say the word "Polish?"

If you are anything like me, then your first thoughts were probably polka and sausages? Right??? 

Well, fair enough. Of course there is a lot more to Polish culture and cuisine than those two items, and in fact I did a decent amount of research on this one. I was not familiar with this culture at all. It just so happened that I had just started a new schedule at work and a brand new quarter of classes at school, so I opted for something easy. I considered a lot of different dishes for this one but ultimately cooked up Kielbasa and served in on a bed of rice. Easy peasy.

YUM!
In this case, I headed to my local Trader Joe’s and got their Turkey Kielbasa, which is lower in fat and sodium that the traditional variety. I sliced that baby on the diagonal, browned them in a skillet, and served it with rice pilaf. Super simple. Super quick. Super delicious. It's perfect for a midweek meal.


XOXO,
Marga

No comments:

Post a Comment