Influence

Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday FU

Happy Friday everyone!

Interestingly enough.. I recently discovered that you should NOT marinate meat in an alcohol based marinade for more than a couple of hours.

I accidently left my Tequila Lime chicken marinating for more than 24-hours. When we finally cooked it, it was like pure tequila chicken. Not so good. In fact, most of it ended up in the trash. Bummer.

So there’s your lesson for today, booze is either for drinking or doing quick marinades. Don't be a dumb ass like me and leave poultry marinating for 26 hours....when the recipe said to go 4-6 hours. Sigh.

For reference, here is the attempted recipe via Allrecipes that I completely fucked up: Smokey Tequila Lime Marinade

Can't hit a home run every time, right???

XOXO,

Marga

No comments:

Post a Comment